Woman gang-raped, strangled and set on fire in Telangana, India
The charred body of a 27-year-old veterinarian was discovered near a highway overpass Wednesday morning in the southern city of Hyderabad district, Telangana, India.
One of the attackers let out the air in her scooter. When she noticed she had a flat, three men approached her offering to help but instead dragged off to an enclosed area where they and one other man took turns raping her.
They strangled her and drove her body some 12 miles (20 kilometers) away and dumped her body under a highway overpass.
They then poured fuel on her body and set it on fire to conceal their crime.
According to police, all four men have been arrested.
Timeline of events Via India Today
November 27, Wednesday:
5.30 pm: The main accused and the lorry driver Areef purchased several bottles of liquor on Wednesday evening.
- The four workers were drinking while sitting in the lorry's cabin near Shamshabad toll plaza.
6 pm: The four culprits noticed a young woman parking her scooter next to the lorry, who then left to go to a clinic.
- The four then conspired to rape her.
- Naveen punctured the back tire of the victim's two-wheeler.
9 pm: Areef and the other three accused parked their lorry around 5 kilometers ahead of her scooter at Thondapalli Junction.
9.18 pm: The victim came back to take her scooter and realized that one of the tires had a puncture.
9.30 pm: Shiva offered to help her and took her scooter, on the pretext of getting it repaired. He came back after some time and told her that all the repair shops were closed.
- They grabbed the victim and dragged her to an isolated compound beside the truck.
- The main accused Naveen switched off her mobile phone.
- Naveen forcefully administered alcohol to the woman to stop her from screaming.
- The victim was then brutally gang-raped by the four culprits.
- Afterward, she became unconscious.
- After she gained consciousness and started screaming again, the accused decided to kill her.
- Areef covered her mouth and nose, which caused her to suffocate to death.
- Naveen took the victim's phone, watch and power bank.
- The four workers then dumped her body in the truck and fled from the spot.
- Shiva and Naveen drove away her two-wheeler from the spot.
- Shiva purchased a bottle of petrol on the way.
- Under a culvert in Chatanpally on the National Highway 44 bridge, they burnt the body after pouring petrol over it.
November 28, Thursday:
4 am: The four accused reached Aramgarh on Thursday morning.
- Shiva, Naveen, Chennakeshavulu then left for their respective homes.
Earlier, Cyberabad police commissioner VC Sajjanar said, "Our officer took them into a patrol vehicle and scanned the CCTV footage. The victim was also seen in the CCTV footage of the plaza. At around 3 pm, the family was brought back to book an official complaint. Till 5 am, we searched all puncture shops. The body was found at around 7 am."
On seeing the incident being reported on the news, patrol employees informed the police about one of the suspects buying petrol.
STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED BY WOMAN, GIRLS OR ANY PERSON WHILE TRAVELLING: Via Hyderabad Police
While traveling she should tell her family or close relative/friend where she is going and when she will be back.
Share last location if possible.
Mode of transport; if taxi or auto share the photo of number plate, contact details (it will be on the backside of the auto driver seat, for taxi the ID card will be available).
Get to know about the route if going to an unfamiliar place.
Always wait in crowded and in illuminated areas. Avoid isolated areas. Never hesitate while giving signal to police patrol cars or Blue Colt police motorcycles in the area for help. They are for your safety and security.
If there is no person visible around, you should walk to a nearest shop, commercial unit and stand very close to it so moving traffic can easily observe you.
Always be ready to Dial 100.
Download Hawk Eye -- Telangana Police mobile application -- and put the location services on at all times.
In suspicious circumstances, please ask help from passengers around you.
If there are no passengers or passersby, act like you are talking to your relative on phone who is a police, and share all the details of place and vehicles and people around you, this will scare them.
Be confident and talk loud when confronted. Shout for help if situation requires.
If you are in a helpless situation, please shout and run towards a crowded area.
Together we work to prevent crimes. Inform local police about local bad hats.
In case you want to send some pictures for verification you can send on WhatsApp at 9490616555.